Processing of Major & Minor Minerals Applications
The Govt. of Andhra Pradesh with a view to expedite disposal MC applications has delegated the fallowing powers for receipt, processes and disposal of the applications in the pre-fixed time schedule.
- The Govt. has delegated the powers of receipt of Prospecting license, Mining lease (Major Minerals) and Quarry lease applications (Minor minerals including Granite) to the concerned district / Office Assistant Director of Mines and Geology.
- The ADMG will acknowledge the receipt of application on the same day and mark a copy to Mandal Revenue Officer for category & availability of land in case of Revenue lands OR mark a copy of the application to concern Divisional Forest Officer (DFO) for diversion of forest land for mining purpose.
- The ADMG and MRO will simultaneously inspect the applied area within 30 days and submit their reports and NOC for further processing application.
- After receipt of NOC from MRO, The ADMG will submit final recommendations on the application within 15 days to Director of Mines and Geology through Zonal Director of Mines and Geology in case of Major Minerals and Granite OR to Regional Dy. Director of Mines and Geology incase of Minor minerals other than Granite.
- Incase of Minor Minerals, Regional DDMG will pass final grant or rejection orders within 30 days and lease has to be executed by the grantee within 90 days from the date of final orders
- Incase of Granite , DMG after receipt of recommendations of ADMG & ZJDMG will pass final grant or rejection orders within 30 days and quarry lease has to be executed by the grantee within 60 days from the final orders.
- Incase of Major Minerals, DMG after receipt of recommendations of ADMG & ZJDMG will send final recommendations within 30 days to the State Govt, who in turn process the application. Incase of grant, applicant is requested by the Govt, to submit approved mining plan within 6 months and Incase of rejection, show cause notice is being issued and later rejected.
- Incase of Non-Schedule minerals, after receipt of recommendations from DMG, The State Govt. will pass final orders accepting in principle grant of lease within 30 days and request the applicant to submit Approved Mining plan within 6 months.
- After submission of AMP by the applicant, State Govt. will finally grant PL/ML and the grantee has to execute the lease within 6 months after getting consent for establishment from A.P. State Pollution control Board incase the area less than 5 hects
- And incase above 5 hects, the grantee has get Consent for establishment and Environmental clearance from GoI under environmental impact Assessment as per SO 1533 dated 14-9-2006
- granted under environment clearances
OR send final recommendations within 30 days incase of Schedule minerals to GoI for Concurrence for grant of lease by the state Govt.
Authorities who receives the applications and granting Authority
The details are given in the table
|Jurisdiction||Powers/ Authority||Activity||Time schedule|
|Asst Director of Mines and Geology||District/ office||a)To receive & Processing of applications for PL,ML, QL||1)Acknowledgement of Application
2)Copy marked to MRO for category & availability of land in case of Revenue lands
Mark a Copy to DFO in case forest lands
|Same daySame day
|Receipt of Report from MRO/Dist Collector in case of Revenue lands
2) Incase of forest lands, DFO & PPCF shall make recommendations to GoI
|1)30 days (Simultaneously)2) 30 days
|Inspection of applied area by ADMG||30 days(Simultaneously)|
|1) Submission of final recommendations on QL application for Minor Minerals to Regional DDMG||15 days|
|Do||2) Processing & Submission of inspection report & recommendations through ZJDMG to DMG incase of Major Minerals and Granite.||15 Days|
|Regional Dy. Director of Mines and Geology||Region consists of 3 to 4 districts||Grant of QL in respect of Minor Minerals other than Granite||Pass Final orders for grant or rejection of QL application||30 days|
|Director of Mines and Geology||State||1) Grant of QL for Granite after receipt of recommendations from Zonal Director of Mines and Geology.||Pass Final orders for grant or rejection of QL application for Granite||30 days|
|2) Scrutiny & Final Processing of applications in case of Major Minerals after receipt of recommendations from Zonal Director of Mines and Geology||Make Final Recommendations to Govt. in case of Major Minerals.||30 Days|
|State Govt||Grant of PL & ML incase of Non- schedule minerals or make final recommendations to GoI in case of schedule minerals||30 days|